Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Lists... and Resolutions

I don't know why, but I've been making a lot of lists lately. Shopping lists, to-do lists, playlists... It's getting to be that time of year when we all look back on the past 12 months and say, "Wow, I really accomplished a lot this year!" Or, in other cases, "Wow, this year I really didn't do shit, who was I kidding?"
Either of those sound familiar? Anyhow, I've got a rough draft list of New Year's Resolutions, and I recently decided to pull out my resolutions I made for this year. Let's see:
"Make Healthy choices"
Yeah I suppose I did that pretty well, I'm not fat, I'm not addicted to any illegal substances, or legal ones (except Nutella), and I still have both legs, so yeah, I made healthy choices.
What else... Oh, "take more pictures".
Yes, I definitely took lots of pictures, especially because I took a photography class this semester. *pat on the back*.
"Cherish every second of sunlight"
Definitely did that. Praise Rah.
"Love more"
Oh boy. Well, for better or worse, I accomplished that one. I haven't figured out what it's gotten me yet, maybe some wisdom and a baby saguaro cactus, but we'll see.
"Be more organized"
To those of you who know me personally, I know what you're thinking when I say that I did this (Alyssa you're a liar). But in my own ways, I really have done this. Hence the lists.
Those are all the resolutions I feel that I truly accomplished. For my new list, I like to keep a few of them, and certainly add more on.

New Year's Resolutions 2012
  1. Drink more water
  2. Make healthier choices
  3. Get the hell out of Alaska
  4. Survive the apocalypse
  5. Cherish sunlight and warmth
  6. Give away things I don't need more frequently
  7. Maintain an undemolished iPhone screen (is that a word? whatever)
I really do have a ton of lists, one of which is 43 items long... Add "maintaining organizational methods" to that list of Resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment