Wednesday, December 14, 2011

You Will Overcome

Dec 20, 2009

As much as I would really just love to leave it at that, making this a Wordless Wednesday post, I can't. I just need to say a few things.
I am not the same person I was three years ago. I look back on certain aspects of my life, and I don't even recognize it. It's like looking into someone else's private life- I feel estranged, alienated, detached from almost every angle.
The day I took this photo, I should've seen it as more than just a pretty picture. I should've looked at this and seen it for what it really was. I believe in signs, and that there are signs everywhere you go. But how do you recognize them right then and there? How do you know it's a sign?
When I took this picture, I should've said to myself:
That sun in the distance is your future. It is bright and beautiful and warm, and so much more than the white, dry cold of the present. Let go of the cold present, follow those rays of light shining through, and you will find your warm future. Why? Because it is so much better. You'll look back on this day, this time, and this photo, and you will laugh. You'll tell yourself you were a child. You'll tell yourself that you should've died from the stress you caused yourself, and you wasted time on things that did not deserve your time. You loved things that did not deserve your love. You thought about things that did not help you in your times of need, and anger, and distress. Yes, everything happens for a reason, and every second of every day is a learning experience. This moment you see in front of you, this glowing ray of hope in the distance, will be heartbreaking to you because in due time, you will grow and change in ways you never thought possible. You will become stronger and better and joyful. You can't ever change your past, but you can always change your future; you will overcome.
Get Up - Carousel by KineticMuzik

No comments:

Post a Comment