Saturday, November 5, 2011

Refreshingly Dangerous

This morning as I was laying in bed, I felt that certain craving for something refreshing. My throat wasn't thirsty, but my ears were. I felt like I needed to splash water on my face in a way, like I was desperate for something good to listen to. Not necessarily something new... something that would warm me.
A few years ago, I came upon a song that refreshed me in a way I hadn't really experienced before. I wasn't looking for it, but as I listened to it, I felt like I had just jumped into the ocean. Like I was standing on a beach, letting the wind whip over me... This may sound crazy, and it probably does. But if you've ever experienced something like this, you'll understand what I'm saying.
The sound of this man's voice, the melodies of the guitars, the rhythmic pounding of the drums... I know it sounds like I'm explaining every band there is, but I swear I'm not. 
I'm trying to find the words to describe The Dangerous Summer, founded during the summer of 2006, in Ellicott City, Maryland. These guys were seniors in High School. I promise, though, they're not your typical kid rock band. If you like Third Eye BlindBright EyesU2Phil CollinsExplosions in the SkyJimmy Eat World, and Andrew McMahon, you'll love The Dangerous Summer.
Their music sounds like a breath of fresh air to me. Good for anytime, any day, anywhere, always.






No comments:

Post a Comment