Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Washed Out and Kap Slap Reviews


It’s getting close to the end of the month, which means my July playlist will be due soon. As weird as this month has been for me socially, it’s been amazing musically. I’ve downloaded full albums of stuff, and it seems like everyone has something new this July. Everyone is busy, including myself. I’ve almost never been this busy.
            I’d like to go ahead and share some stuff early, just because I feel like I need to keep up with my blogging and playlists more than I have lately.

            The first thing I’ll bring up is the new album by Washed Out, an electronic/alternative sounding band that I don’t really listen to a whole lot. I downloaded their new album Within & Without, and honestly, there are only two of the nine songs that I don’t think I’ll really listen to. It’s that good. Unfortunately, the only other song I know by them is called “Feel It All Around”, from their 2009 album Life of Leisure. As of today, I’ve listened to it 242 times since I downloaded it in January. Within & Without is an album of relaxing, enchanting songs, some of which are almost ambient because the beat is so soft. The album is very put-together, meaning the songs are similar in sound, but are also unique. My favorites are “Amor Fati”, “You & I”, “Within & Without”, and “A Dedication”. These actually happen to be the songs with a more prominent beat, but that’s just my personal preference. Anyhow, listen to the album even if you haven’t heard of them, or if you feel there’s at least a 60% chance you’ll like them, judging from what I’ve written.




            For all you “mash up” fans, if you haven’t heard Kap Slap’s AA: Audio Appropriation, you’re a f***ing loser. I’m serious. It’s 10 days old. Get to it. This is one of the most amazing gapless albums I’ve ever heard in my life. It features songs such as LMFAO’s “Party Rock Anthem”, Eminem’s “Without Me”, Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit” (yeah, dope, I know), Miike Snow’s “Silvia”, Ellie Goulding’s “Lights”, Adele’s “Rolling In the Deep”, and tons of other popular party bangers. AA is a solid hour of some of the best mixing in recent history. Anyone who likes to party needs this album. Also, anyone who likes to have their mind blown needs this album. Hook it up to your system, hit play, and dance. The end.




No comments:

Post a Comment