Sunday, January 2, 2011

Holy Crappy Music, Batman!


Well, I was hoping to be able to post some great new songs for ringing in the New Year, but dear God. I can't find anything GOOD and worth listening to, other than what everyone is already listening to, and you know that's not my style. Even the top songs on iTunes are old. Ugh.
I could be crazy, though. Maybe you all like the stuff on iTunes and the stuff I've downloaded lately, and I just don't like it. Well, whatever. Nothing I've heard lately is FANTASTICALLY AWESOME. It's all just been... blah.

Here's what I suggest. Go to iTunes and look at their Free On iTunes section. I haven't paid attention to it lately, which is sad because a lot of the time the stuff they offer is great. Last summer I downloaded Fireflies by Owl City for free before anyone knew they were good, and I got to enjoy it for a few months before it became disgustingly overplayed.

This week they feature a newer song by Cage the Elephant that's pretty good, if you like them, called Around My Head. The free video this week is actually really great, 10 Seconds by Jazmine Sullivan. Her voice is quite lovely. The video is.... okay, I liked the concept, but it could've been done differently. I don't think she was angry enough in the video, she needed more emotion. But. I can't judge to harshly, here I am blogging about her because I can't find anything better.

As my last resort, I'll open up my Shazam app and see what I've tagged recently. Let's see here. In the past month, I've tagged songs such as:

Drowning by Saving Abel
Start A Fire by Ryan Starr
Stereo Love by Edward Maya ft. Vika Jigulina
Heavy by Collective Soul
Firework by Katy Perry
Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri 
Yeah 3X by Chris Brown
Steal My Sunshine by Len (good oldie)
For the First Time by The Script
Impossible by Anberlin
and
Higher by Taio Cruz ft. Travie McCoy

Okay, this list... kinda sucks, with the exception of like, 4 songs. 
So, for all of you reading this, be brave and leave me a comment. Tell me what you're listening to so far this year. Maybe I'll make cookies for the person with the best songs.
(and actually you probably don't want me to make you cookies, I'm a terrible cook.)
K bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment