Friday, January 7, 2011

Doin' It Right, January (Playlist)

WOW. Only seven days into the new year? It seems like it's been weeks already! That could be a good thing I suppose.
Well, as of now, I have a small playlist going. Looking back at my last post, I feel really lame. Because I have a secret. For the past 7 days, I haven't really been looking for music. ...I've been taking photos. Yes, I know. It's terrible. BUT NOT REALLY.
I started this thing. It's called Project 365. You take a photo every day for a year and document every single day, so you can say, "Wow, look how amazing my year was!" or, "Wow, look how shitty my year was!" or even, "Wow, look how much taller I didn't get!". Yeah. Something along those lines.
I'm actually really excited about this. I've totally left photography in the dust, and I feel like it's something I should pick back up again, because I love it.
Now for this project, you can take a picture of anything and everything. Just as long as you do one a day. I've really been doing some self reflection lately, and I've been working hard on those New Year's resolutions. So far, things have been pretty rewarding.
If you'd like to check out my project, you can visit my flickr page at http://www.flickr.com/photos/islandeyesphoto/. Don't feel obligated, I don't care if you look at my pictures or not. haha
Okay. Back to the music, yeah? 
So in my last post, I asked for help with finding music. I got some really great suggestions, among some other suggestions that I really couldn't take to seriously. Sorry Zach.
Anyways. Here's a little of what was suggested to me. Check 'em out, maybe you can add this to your playlist too.
Hell Yeah by Rev Theory (not new, but good)
Electric Worry by Clutch
Ehu Girl by Kolohe Kai (reminds me of my Island friends (: )
So Big by Iyaz (love it!)
Fallin' by Asher Roth (can't stop listening to it)
Lake Michigan by Rouge Wake
music from Coconut Records
I'm Not Going To Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You by Black Kids
Inside This World Of Mine by Static Cycle
So, thanks to Zach, Austyn, and Ryan for help :)
This is the beginning of my official January Playlist.
Doin' It Right, January
Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf
Feel Good by Modestep
YES by Bassnectar & Datsik
Raise Your Weapon by Deadmau5 (Switch Fusion Remix)
Long Time by Cake
Got To Move by Cake
We Used To Wait by Arcade Fire
Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) by Arcade Fire
Beautiful by Borne
Feel It All Around by Washed Out
Fallin' by Asher Roth
Gotta Get Up by Asher Roth & Nottz
Hot N' Fun (Remix) by Asher Roth
So basically, this playlist is SUPER alternative/indie. But, that's just what I've been feeling lately. I'll be posting the complete list closer to the end of the month.

2 comments:

  1. noticed the 2 songs by asher roth. i've been listening to "coming and going" by him & nottz ft. rhymefest. their verses aren't that good but the hook gets me every time.

    i'm super late on any songs that aren't rap but i recently heard "sun of a gun" by oh land and
    "pumped up kicks" by foster people and have been wearing it out while driving

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely like all of these, thanks! I'm gunna look more into both of the last two bands, I've never heard of them.

    :) thanks for reading, and btw, your mix is REALLY good. I do a lot of remixing myself, (I am also not a DJ, lol) and your transitions are pretty smooth, I like it!

    ReplyDelete