Sunday, December 5, 2010

Goodnight. (Playlist)

There's something so soothing about that song, and you play it often. When you're tired, it tucks you in. When you're lonely, it’s your best friend. When you're sad, it helps you rid your eyes of the tears you hold back. When you're stressed, it rubs your back and makes all your problems disappear. And when you're angry, it holds you close and glares the problem in the face, shaking a fist while whispering soft words of comfort in your ear.
Try these on for size. This is a relaxation playlist, and I bet it’ll help you some way, somehow.
I love these songs because of the way they sound, the way they make me think, or the message behind them. Or, just because they make me feel good.
So, if you can find them, get these. I’ve been meaning to get a media player on my blog. Or a SoundCloud account. Pop in your headphones, sit down, lay down, relax. Enter a world that only consists of your peace of mind and a soothing melody.

Enjoy.


Beautiful World- Coldplay
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room- John Mayer
Hide and Seek- Imogen Heap
Make Love- Daft Punk
The Story- Brandi Carlile
All I Got- Newton Faulkner
Breathe In Breathe Out- Matt Kearney
Sparks- Coldplay
Weightless- Black Lab
It’s Okay- Land of Talk
Vulnerable- Sarah Jaffe
Excuses- The Morning Benders
Thieving- Lovedrug
The Moon and the Sky- Sade
Champagne Supernova- Oasis
100 Suns- 30 Seconds to Mars
Grow Old With Me- The Postal Service
The River- Manchester Orchestra
Fools- The Temper Trap
Pleasure Sighs- The Morning Benders
Amber- 311
Breathe- Telepopmusik
The House You’re Building- Audry Assad
Letters From the Sky- Civil Twilight
Blue Lips- Regina Spektor
July Flame- Laura Veirs
Marching Bands of Manhattan- DCFC
Static Waves (feat. Katie Herzig)- Andrew Belle
I’ll Be Seeing You (1944 Single)- Billie Holiday
Enchanted- Taylor Swift
In My Place- Coldplay
Something About Us- Daft Punk
Say (All I Need)- OneRepublic
Cynthia- Millionyoung
Lazy Eye- Silversun Pickups
Secret- Maroon 5
Under My Bed- Meiko
Edge of Desire- John Mayer
Stare Like You’ll Stay- Circa Survive
All I Need- Matchbox 20

No comments:

Post a Comment