Monday, October 11, 2010

The Way of the Works of Life

So first I'll start off with a poem. I wrote this about a year ago, and it was for no reason in particular. My creative mind was going crazy so I just started writing. I love it when that happens. :)






The rhythm of our heart beats like rolling ocean waves beat 
against the sandy shores of love and yesterday,
when tiny drops of water filled with many memories
fell upon our hearts like rain and created harmony
And did the sleeping temptress find her box of wooden spoons?
our souls combine in open time to make me sway and swoon.
If trees and grass and little birds all sang a song of love, 
the earth would melt and we'd all die the many deaths of love.
Seeking shelter from the sun, the heat it feels like hell,
hold me down and cool me down with water from the well
of great times and great songs and great music from the heart,
standing on the edge to see,
then get a running start.
Spread thy wings, oh simple one, and learn of something more,
fly away to complicate and slam the ugly door
in the face of evil, in the face of wrath,
love thyself and do the math.
When you believe in you, then will I surely believe in me.
If lonely hearts and lonely souls combine with mystery,
the wonders of the world would hum a jealous melody
of better times and feathered wings and hopes that don't come true,
I pray to see the day that I'll come home to lovely you.
In every way and every day, the sun shines down its rays
for us to use and so abuse its love in every way.
Feeling wind and feeling storm until the storm subsides, 
I hold you close and never broke,
my promise never dies.
I love you now and every dream will always be of you,
and I will think and wink and drink to lovely toasts of you.
You You You.

No comments:

Post a Comment