Monday, October 3, 2011

I. Love. This. Album.

Last night I downloaded about seven new albums worth of music. I woke up this morning and decided to start listening to all of it. I'm only on the second album I downloaded, but I HAVE to share this. I'm so amazed.
I don't normally go out and look for music in the "ambient electronic" genre, but I don't mind listening to it if it's interesting and makes me feel something. And damn, this morning, I'm feeling it.

Introducing Tycho.


Here's a little example of what to look forward to when the album comes out later this month. I don't know a lot about Tycho, it's kind of hard to find any sort of biography other than what's on Facebook. But Tycho is made up of Scott Hansen, a graphic artist from San Francisco, who apparently decided he also needed a music project on the side. This guy's sound is genius. One look at his artwork will give you an idea of what his sound is like. Everything you feel when you look at Hansen's art is echoed perfectly by every track of the album. Although some songs have a much more prominent beat than others, giving them almost a pop-like sound, I think any actual lyrics over these tracks would take too much from the way the songs allow a listener to form their own opinions and own feelings within the music.
I'm giving this album five stars, and I'll definitely be keeping Tycho under close watch in the future.
Click for Scott Hansen's Facebook, Twitter, and Website.

No comments:

Post a Comment