Thursday, September 8, 2011

Miles States: Alaska's freshest in Hip-Hop


I've been asked to do a little review write up on a friend of mine, Miles States. He currently resides here in Fairbanks, Alaska. Even though he asked me to help him out by putting him on my blog, I would've done it anyways, because he's pretty much one of the best small town artists I've ever heard.
His voice is a lot like the hip-hop/pop sounds from from Mac Miller, Sam Adams, and Brenton Duvall. His beats are strong and clean, just a little old school in some songs, which is cool as well.  Miles is doing a lot to get his name out there and recognized. He's been advertising heavily on Facebook and has done some local performances here in Fairbanks, as well. He recently turned down a record deal from a small company in Vegas because he's still enjoying his indie status, but is still looking for other offers.
Give some of his songs a listen, and check out his ReverbNation and Facebook pages. My favorite song is No Worries. What's yours?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and these are his favorite artists on ReverbNation: http://www.reverbnation.com/page_object/page_object_favorites/artist_1313800

    ReplyDelete