Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"damn, now i gotta do another blog post..."

It sucks that I'm on the internet so much. I keep finding really awesome music videos, and it's gotten to the point where it only makes sense to write a blog post about them. I think I'm catching up on all the blogging I didn't do last month...

First up is a new one from Avril Lavigne. She and I were super tight back in middle school, I sang "Complicated" at a karaoke contest when I was like 13 and won a $25 gift card at the mall... Good times.


Simple but lovely. One thing I like about her is that she doesn't change. Same beautiful, simple, badass Avril.

Next, I found the new video for a song I adore, Love Letter by Shwayze ft. The Cataracs & Dev. The song itself is really cute, and I think they did a great job with the video, as well.

So, I'd like to expand a little on DEV. It's basically like Lady Gaga and Ke$ha had a baby. Creepy, right? She's one of those terrible things that you just have to watch because you can't look away... Like mother, like daughter.

Now, if you close your eyes and just listen to the song, you'll hear some pretty interesting things. The initial reaction is probably, "Hey, that one chick that sings G6!" Bingo. The underlying melody is also from G6. The sax bit is very Calabria 2007, don't know where that comes from, but it's cool.
She's also got another popular song that many people have heard remixed, "Bass Down Low". DEV seems like she might me on her way up in popularity, so keep a close watch on her. I can't wait to hear more.

No comments:

Post a Comment