Tuesday, May 10, 2011

And so it goes. (End of the year thoughts)

Today, I look like a lobster. I sat in the sun for four and a half hours yesterday, reading and studying... It was much needed, I promise. I haven't been able to bask in the sun for months. I feel full of vitamin D now.
I'm in the middle of finals this week, so honestly I shouldn't be blogging, but I have to. I just need to write. I have a bunch of random thoughts floating around in my head that I need to get out.
I sat in the piano lab for five hours today, practicing GymnopĂ©die No. 1 and drilling my selected rhythms and melodies into my head for one of my music class finals.
I also think that for the first time this year, the cafeteria food on my campus might've REALLY given me food poisoning. The legends are true! I feel like crap right now, like any minute I might heave it all back up again. My best friend, Amber, ate some of the same food I did at lunch earlier, and she already got sick from it.
Earlier I hit two goldmines of good dubstep, from Dubstep Saved My Life and Camelback Music.
I really want to get tomorrow over with... I'm in the home stretch. But at the same time, I don't want it to be over. My first year of college is coming to a close... I used to think about what it would feel like to call myself a "college student" when I was younger. It felt weird to think of myself even becoming that old. I've learned so much. I've made a lot of mistakes, and a lot of good friends that I hope to keep for the rest of my life. I'm excited for summer, but at the same time, I want this summer to be a perfect one. I need a good summer. Full of sun and friends, work and play, good company, and just all around peace.
I'm ready to take on my next year of college. I know I can work harder and become what I want to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment