Sunday, February 27, 2011

Mike Posner's "Takeoff"

Here comes a rant and review. My favorite music blog of all time just posted today, saying "Mike Posner's album sucked, huge flop." That was literally the first sentence of the post. It was completely shocking, and because I admit I haven't heard his entire album, "31 Minutes to Takeoff", I had to do some investigations. There are about 3 songs that are really well known from his album, and I've heard about 6 of them (along with many remixes of those few), and liked all of them a lot. So I'm on iTunes right now, previewing the rest of the songs I haven't heard, and honestly, I like what I'm hearing! The songs don't all sound the same, which is one of my biggest pet peeves. New artists who release an album of songs that all sound the same, I can't stand it. However, Posner hasn't done that at all. Some of his songs are more slow R&B type songs, others are upbeat pop/hip hop songs, and they're all pretty catchy. The best songs on the album that no one has really heard of are "Do U Wanna?", "Cheated", "Gone In September", "Save Your Goodbye", and "Falling". Listen to them!
I'm curious as to why the album "sucked". I sent in an email to the blog asking if they'd like to comment, so we'll see what happens.
Anyhow, click the link above and give it a listen. I really think he's done a fantastic job as a new artist, and he's fairly unique. Not to mention... his latest music video with Lil Wayne makes me wanna "bow chicka wow wow"...

No comments:

Post a Comment